We may collect information about you:
• as part of your application to volunteer, foster or surrender dogs and for the purposes of managing your agreement
• from you, from public records, vets, pet ID databases, animal charity/welfare organisations and from other third parties with your consent
• this may include your name, address, date of birth, contact details, and your agreement history
We use your information to:
• communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, private social media platforms, or post using the contact details you have provided
• rehome your dog
• manage your account and agreement
• prevent fraud
We may use your data for the above purposes to fulfil our legitimate interest of managing our agreement with you and where otherwise required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and where permitted by the GDPR. If you do not provide us with your personal information we will not be able to process your application.
We may also use your information for other purposes.
We may share your information with:
• third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which provide services for us
• vets, pet ID databases, animal charity’s/welfare organisations
• our volunteers (who will be trained to follow our GDPR policy to protect your data)
• law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
We store your information:
• within the European Economic Area (EEA)
if we transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We keep your information:
• for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law
You have the right to:
• access the information we hold about you
• ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
• ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information (we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship)
• receive your information in a format that suits you
• transfer your information to a third party
If you have question, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact us.
You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal data to the JERSEY OFFICE OF THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER at:
5 Castle Street